Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Author Photography by Jane posted on 4:52 PM in , , , ,
A couple of months ago I photographed this awesomely cute little dude.   He came to me as a newborn - less than a couple of weeks old.  This really is the best time to do newborn photos if you're wanting that really new, sleepy curled up look.  

I decided to give Mum a bit of a pop quiz about her photoshoot experience in the hope that it might help out some other Mums who are thinking about possibly having newborn photos done!


What made you want to get newborn photos done?
I wanted to capture a time in my sons life that we will never get back again, they grow so fast and I wanted to make sure we got some photos so we remember that moment.



What made you choose Jane?
There are so many photographers out there that its extremely hard to choose. I was walking through the maternity ward and came across the stunning photos on the walls, straight away I fell in love with them.


How did you feel during the photo session?
At the beginning I was a little nervous - I wasn’t to sure how Tyler would behave (how would he be if he woke up, what if he screamed etc) however Jane was extremely patient and was very soothing with Tyler- even showed us a fantastic app of white noises that we have continued to use after our session.



What did you like best when working with Jane (as your photographer)?
We found Jane really related well with our situation and the needs of having a newborn baby. She made a relaxing and comfortable environment where we could comfort and feed him when needed. She is a very skilled and knowledgeable photographer in her field of work and that came through when working with her.



Did you have any hesitations at first?  Did she overcome the doubts?
After seeing her work and sitting down for a consultation where she answered all my questions, I knew I had chosen the right photographer to capture the special time of my sons life.


                                       
What were your first reactions to the photos?
A little tearful, he looked soooooooooooooooo super cute. Absolutely loved the slideshow that Jane put together, the music was so beautiful that it actually brought tears to my eyes. And I loved the father/ son photos.





What is one suggestion you have for other new mums?
If you have any doubts, make sure you meet your photographer for a consultation and have a look at their work to make sure you both relate and they are able to deliver the style/look that you are after.




Awesome advice, don't you think?

3 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

I'm an NZIPP qualified Wellington based Wedding & Portrait Photographer. I live with my husband, 2 kids, 3 cats and 2 dogs. And some fish. And a rat. I have a home studio, and a backyard that most people never want to leave. I'm fun, lighthearted and I love to chat... you'll be giggling and smiling before you know it. Even if it is at my dumb jokes! Need some new photos? Drop me a line and I'll hook you up (haha, there goes the first dumb joke!)