Saturday, March 8, 2014

Author Photography by Jane posted on 6:32 PM in , , ,
Roxan & Shaun - Freakshow Circus Wedding - Feb 22 2014 - Kefalonia

Wow.  I don't even know where to begin when I talk about this wedding.  Actually I could start back at the beginning when Roxy told me she was planning her wedding.  I have known Roxy for a few years now.  I've photographed her pregnant belly, her kids and even her in costumes!  I probably shouldn't have been too surprised when she asked me to photograph her wedding.

But I was.  And I must admit I was a little afraid... each day as the wedding neared, I chanted "it will be fine.  YOU will be fine. *pant* *pant* *pant* *die*"   Hahaha. Maybe I'm being a little over dramatic but it is kinda intimidating photographing another photographer!!  (She is Roxy of Paradox Photography fame, BTW).

So anyway.  The day came.  By that stage the nerves had gone and I was just insanely excited to see this crazy day unfold before me.  I had heard a few things about how it was going to go down and it promised to be pretty amazing.  I was also DYING to see what Roxy's dress was like, as up until the wedding day I had turned down any offers to see a photo of it.  I like having some surprises!!

When I arrived I found them all casually sitting around chatting and laughing, strangely calm.  Roxy is a pretty awesome chick - I knew she would have everything organised down to the wire and have nothing to worry about anyway.. and I was right.  She had allowed heaps of time for photos.  There was no chance of running late, and I was one happy little photographer.

Any awesome day starts with a cool coathanger.  This was definitely a cool coathanger.



The dress was a total masterpiece, with incredible detail.  The lace itself was to die for.  Great job by Rasha Taylor

 

The bridesmaids dresses were also gorgeous.  I'm totally in love with the colour scheme..all the luxurious deep reds and purples... ahhhhh happy place. 
Hehehe - so Roxy. 

Sneaky pre wedding pash.  Love these quirky shots!
Everyone loves a bit of cutesey cheese, right??
Roxy's bouquets were amazing!  The lillies were latex!  So realistic.. and she'll be able to keep them forever.  The tiny little skulls were the perfect addition I reckon.  And the greenery around the bottom was found at the venue and added by Shaun's brothers partner.  Very clever! 

Ahem.  Sorry.. couldn't resist.  LOL!
Stunning. Roxy had the crescents tattoo's done the day before her wedding!  Most brides would be worrying it would swell or bleed or run!  But I suppose when you have as many awesome tattoos as Roxy does you just don't worry about that!

I went to photograph the boys and when I came back Roxy was in her dress and having her makeup done.  It looked awesome on the coathanger, but wow, 1000x times better on.
Cool, calm and collected....
The final checkover and some perfume and she was good to go! 
Ridiculously cute.  Roxy's son Matthias came in and this was the look on his face when he first saw her all dressed up.   <3
 

Having a stunning venue and some allocated time meant we were spoiled for choice with spots to take photos.  She had told me she loved this big ornate gold mirror and I think she looks perfect infront of it... 
More stunning stuff... *happy photographer dance*

If you're planning a wedding.. think about this stuff... make your getting ready locations pretty and tidy and you will have beautiful photos as a result!
  
The gold mirror I just mentioned used to be in the bedrooms.  But the venue sadly replaced them with big screen TVs much to Roxy's disappointment.  She didn't like the TV.  So of course I took that as a challenge to somehow use them to her advantage.  I think it worked... though to be fair we could have put her next to a wheelie bin and she would have made it look amazing.
So, so, so in love with these next two photos.  I don't know if it's the black and white, or the quiet contemplating, or just the downright beautiful details of the back of the dress. Gorgeous.

Gorgeous girls!  See what I mean about the flowers and colours?  Perfect!

And of course we can't leave out the super handsome Groom, Shaun.  Shaun & Roxy have both reached some pretty amazing personal fitness goals and they both looked totally awesome as a result.  I totally admire their dedication - it has really paid off.  There are some great shots of Shaun mid shirt-putting-on, but I'm not sure if he wants to be a discovered supermodel overnight, so here's the tame selection..
 
Shaun also got a tattoo the day before the wedding.  He had his ring tattooed on his finger! So cool, and epic extreme dedication to the vows.  For life, for real!
The guys decided to tie their ties in Eldridge knots, which I personally had never heard of.  They looked AMAZING! Even if they did have to consult the internet!
YouTube comes in so handy!
Love these next two shots... Shaun helping his brother with said difficult tie!  Love the arch shaped window too.


See, handsome!!
Roxy got Shaun a gift.  I LOVE when couples do this.  She knew he would have stinky manky old sports socks, so she sent him some "cold feet" socks!  I love that she just knew that about him. 
Love this next photo too.  Putting on his jacket with such stylish moves!
So GQ right now! 

Go time!

Shaun seeing his gorgeous bride coming down the aisle
Roxy's Mum not only looked incredible, she did a beautiful reading.  Emotions were running high!

Only a seriously awesome and clever Groom would think to write his vows on a giant rolled up scroll! How cool!

Probably about as cool as reading your vows from a "Holy Bible" flavoured notebook!
I'm a total sucker for cute kids at weddings.  These two were no exception.  The cutest!  They made the perfect little ring carriers.  Said rings even had their own briefcase!  Stealth operation!

Love the celebrants facials!!  I think that was Roxy struggling slightly to get the ring on Shaun's freshly tattooed finger!
And of course, no freakshow circus wedding is complete with celebrant slash signing table.  Awesome!  She did an incredible job of being Ringmaster and looked awesome!

Ahhhh what a wedding kiss!!  Complete with full dip.  They had a "normal" first kiss, so this was a total treat for the crowd!
And done!  Husband and Wife!

Top points for deliciously original looking cake!  (It was delicious too!)  I am hugely looking forward to sharing more highlights from the second half of the wedding over the next week or two!  Thanks for reading along!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just wanted to see more and more!!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool... agree I wanna see more too! thanks for sharing their story. (gonna try the new tie knot too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! She is hot! I have never seen such a bride. I don’t have words to describe how wonderful she is looking, I think she looks fab in this black dress. I wouldn’t mind wearing black on my wedding day as well. My wedding is next in a venue NYC just like this.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

I'm an NZIPP qualified Wellington based Wedding & Portrait Photographer. I live with my husband, 2 kids, 3 cats and 2 dogs. And some fish. And a rat. I have a home studio, and a backyard that most people never want to leave. I'm fun, lighthearted and I love to chat... you'll be giggling and smiling before you know it. Even if it is at my dumb jokes! Need some new photos? Drop me a line and I'll hook you up (haha, there goes the first dumb joke!)